This quick video will help you begin to learn to change your beliefs about alcohol.
Questioning your beliefs about alcohol addiction is critical to breaking free
For me, and the purposes of this blog, I believe we can all achieve spontaneous sobriety. It all begins with transforming our ideas about addiction and recovery.
Spontaneous is defined as a sudden inner impulse.
Sobriety is defined as the state of being sober.
Sober is defined as not affected by alcohol.
7 Steps to Begin to Change Your Beliefs About Alcohol
- Write down 5 to 10 beliefs you have about alcohol – positive and negative ones.
- Ask yourself, about each belief, is this true.
- Live your life as usual for 3 to 5 days with the intent of detecting whether or not the beliefs you have about alcohol are true.
- Come back to your list and ask yourself ….. is this true for me in my life?
- Next ask yourself…..how do I behave when I believe this thought about alcohol?
- Then ask yourself ……Do I like this behavior?
- How would I behave without this belief?
What are your thoughts about what you just read? Share what stands out for you because more and more people find this site every day and your thoughts just might be what someone needs to hear, see, or read, today to start their journey of alcohol freedom.
Enormous thanks for sharing your voice.
FINAL STEP: Please help spread the word by sharing our site on the sites below: